Burnt by C1 - is C2 worth trying again?

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

Burnt by C1 - is C2 worth trying again?

Postby rdawkins » October 19th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Looking for some advice from experience on the C2, 12m and or 15M. I have ridden PLs for years, S840/1120-G13-V113-P12 and last had a C1 12M and hated it, worst kite ever. I've got a cheapie 9m LEI to keep me going but not liking the solo launch and water relaunch, plus it luffs and drops into he water in too much for my liking.

I'm once bitten with the C1 12m and still bitter, bought new used a few times hated it modded Y line to standard 4 line still hated it didn't use it for a year or two and sold it for less than 1/4 of what it cost, so so I'm nervous to give PL anther shot. Should I go the C2 or just stick with the LEIs? No one here in West Aust rides PL anymore so no chance to see or demo a C2, plus I'll forever be labelled a kook but if they''re worth it who cares...

What do yas reckon???
rdawkins

Re: Burnt by C1 - is C2 worth trying again?

Postby steuu » October 20th, 2015, 9:24 am

It definitely worth a try!
I had (in the under-roof) a CH1 12.. modded and stuff...that I don't want to use!
I bought a CH2 15... (actually 2 of them the first is torn open waiting for repairs..) I'm in love! is the kite I used most in the last 2 years. The feeling is the same like venoms, much faster turner, very good lift, improved low end compared to the older kites with same size . No problem in launch relaunch no crazy stuff... the best PL so far
I tried the 12 as well I got the same impression.

I'd really like to try some small ones...

my 2 cents
steuu

Postby CTB » October 22nd, 2015, 10:11 am

the ch2 is a totally different animal to the ch1. it has been tamed so no more tip clap or unexpected behaviour. its still nice and fast and has all the good stuff. its kinda like the synergy on steroids.
CTB

Postby lofted » October 27th, 2015, 9:20 am

C2 is 100% better kite than C1. My 15m C1 wandered around, had no stability at all. I got a 12m and 15m C2 from holland - The best thing is that you can adjust them to however you like. Most of the time I have set mine to all straps loose and the VPC at minimum. It behaves super stable, easy upwind, huge depower. Cross between Venom and Phantom. When the wind is steady and waves are good I crank in the straps a bit so it's grunty and turns faster with more power. Very very versatile kite. Still get funny looks on the beach but whatever... Works for me! ;)
Also have V2 10m for strong wind. .. Great quiver.
lofted

Postby rdawkins » October 31st, 2015, 1:58 am

Thanks for replies guys. Think I will give it a shot.
Hopefully C2 is my kite. Cheers.
rdawkins

Postby steuu » November 3rd, 2015, 9:20 am

rdawkins wrote:Thanks for replies guys. Think I will give it a shot.
Hopefully C2 is my kite. Cheers.

:) Let us know if you like it!!
steuu

Postby rdawkins » April 1st, 2016, 3:42 am

OK So a quick update... I sold the pump up I bought, probably me but I just didn't like the whole experience, and purchased a 12 & 15 C2 from a reader on this site. Haven't had too many opportunities to get them out but have had a few moderate wind days with the 15 and it put a smile on my face. Delivered everything I am used to from standard/guerilla/venom days and was looking for, the basics really just to get out and have some fun, easy self launch/land, stable and predictable, steady power delivery, auto zenith and held my ground and got upwind in light conditions. These kites are keepers and I reckon I'll hang onto them for a few seasons at least. Looking forward to some more water time and some bigger winds on the 12. Thanks for earlier comments guys. Cheers
rdawkins

Return to On the Water