Finally some speed

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

Finally some speed

Postby Andreas » February 25th, 2011, 9:59 am

Hello!

Was out on the ice yesterday and manage 71.0 km/h or 44 mph in top speed. Was on skies and Syn 15. The conditions was ruff whith snow spotted ice and gusty punchy winds about 15 to 25 knots. The snow was of the reluctant type so there was quite a difference in glide between the snow and the ice, combined with the wind made it a jerky ride.

I really had to fight to get back against the wind and my edge grip one the ice spots was non existent. Kept the speed as low as possible and the kite as steady as possible. Was like; -ice, glide downwind speed up, -snow, breake as hell bring speed down trying to get upwind a bit too. But when you have grip in the snow you can really take some significant force, even tameing the Syn 15 in thoose winds.

Br
C-QUAD 3.2, C-QUAD 4.2, ARC 1120, ARC 460, Waterfoil 3.6 (Now rep :-) ), Flysurfer MastAir 16, Vade Retro Satana 7 m2 (under rep), VenomII 16 (waiting for rep), Synergy 15.

Top speed on skies: 71,0 km/h or 44.1 mph (feb 24 -2011, Syn 15)
Andreas

Re: Finally some speed

Postby herc » February 25th, 2011, 6:48 pm

congratulations!
waiting for new speed records if you get an f-arc or a scorpion!
herc

Postby lejonklou » February 25th, 2011, 11:28 pm

That is so cool, Andreas! Congratulations!

I should perhaps get a GPS myself. My fear is just that when I'm speeding terribly, board is wobbling like hell and I'm on the edge of loosing control, the numbers will be far lower than I think. :D
Best regards,
Fredrik Lejonklou
Uppsala, Sweden
Chargers 12 and 15 on Navigator bar
Mako original and wide / Snowboard
lejonklou

Postby Kamikuza » February 26th, 2011, 1:14 am

Sounds like fun :)
Kamikuza

Postby Andreas » March 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm

The kite was not holding me back, it had plenty left to give. It was the bad grip/glide that prevented further accelleration. I was more or less just following the kite downwind at the speed attempts.

It was more scary than fun. A few times I get hit be gust so strong that they picked me straight up with the kite just hoovering above me with loose back lines, and with one occation doing 20 km/h straigth downwind.

This must be some kind of record in late reply :mrgreen:

I have not being out much the last years cause my other hobby, drinking, take too much time :?
C-QUAD 3.2, C-QUAD 4.2, ARC 1120, ARC 460, Waterfoil 3.6 (Now rep :-) ), Flysurfer MastAir 16, Vade Retro Satana 7 m2 (under rep), VenomII 16 (waiting for rep), Synergy 15.

Andreas

Postby Hardwater Kiter » March 23rd, 2013, 2:48 am

Nice work Andreas. That's a good speed! Riding in fast ice/ grabby snow is hard to do in high winds. Hurts my knees after a while.

If you want, please enter your speeds in the Hardwater Kiting Speed Ranking. We haven't had any entries from Sweden yet this year. Prize for 1st place in the week is nothing fancy , just a T-shirt at the end of the season, but what the heck?! Free t-shirt! =)

http://www.hardwaterkiter.com/hwk-globa ... -form.html

About the F-Arc Herc, after the session I had the other day and several I've had since I got my f-arcs I'm not convinced the F-Arc is as fast as one would assume. In several side by side comparisons the Phantom 2's have proven to be better for speed in my experience. The F-arc 12m vs the Phantom 2 12m the Phantom comes out on top.

The F-Arc produces too much power to effectively translate into forward motion. It pulls very much like a 19m Charger 1. If I were heavier I may be able to get better speeds out of it but as it is I get better speeds out of the 12m Charger, Syn and Phantom 2.
"The rider makes the kite."
Owner/instructor @ http://www.hardwaterkiter.com
Hardwater Kiter

Postby Andreas » March 25th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Thanks HwK 8-)

I could enter the speed but this was two years ago :oops:

Andreas

Postby Hardwater Kiter » March 25th, 2013, 5:31 pm

What the hell? (laughing at myself right now) I need to pay closer attention to the dates on these posts.

Oh well still a good speed Andreas. =-)
"The rider makes the kite."
Owner/instructor @ http://www.hardwaterkiter.com
Hardwater Kiter

Return to On the Water