Tungsten MOD on CH1 NO sewing

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

Tungsten MOD on CH1 NO sewing

Postby maddy » December 10th, 2012, 5:41 pm

I just found few pics. about modding second strap without sewing and keeping it adjustable

I guess pictures don't need extra words

T mod 1.jpg
T mod 1.jpg (429.46 KiB) Viewed 4294 times

T mod 2.jpg
T mod 2.jpg (267.32 KiB) Viewed 4294 times

T mod 3.jpg
T mod 3.jpg (223.23 KiB) Viewed 4294 times

T mod 4.jpg
T mod 4.jpg (265.96 KiB) Viewed 4294 times
maddy

Re: Tungsten MOD on CH1 NO sewing

Postby Snake » December 11th, 2012, 12:03 am

I did that to test the strap mods on my venom. It works well for testing, but it seams to strech the strap unevenly. This left wrinkles in the strap that took a few hours of flying to remove. Like I said, use this for testing and sew it in when you are happy with the results.
Snake

Postby maddy » December 11th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Snake wrote:I did that to test the strap mods on my venom. It works well for testing, but it seams to strech the strap unevenly. This left wrinkles in the strap that took a few hours of flying to remove. Like I said, use this for testing and sew it in when you are happy with the results.

I haven't tested so long and hard, it can also depend on wrinkles quality and size
still possible to use different strings or clips to tight the strap (hope mine keeps working) I will check if it does
maddy

Postby Timothy Grossnickle » December 12th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Have for some years going back to shortening strap mods on V1 using a similar approach with wooden dowels and electrical ties. For my mods I wrap the straps around the wooden dowels which I cut slightly wider than the strap. I sand down the ends of the dowels making them slightly round so as not to cut the fabric of the kite. I use electrical ties to tighten the strap around the dowel. This shortens the length of the strap.

The mods to the V1 straps have held up fine for quite a few years with hundreds of hard sessions. Employed this approach with Ch1 15 and 19 based on Tungsten's modding suggestions. Mods with the electrical ties and wooden dowels have held up fine so far and eliminated the collapsing problems I was experiencing with the Ch1 15.

Regards,
Tim

Regards,
Tim
Timothy Grossnickle

Postby maddy » December 16th, 2012, 6:37 pm

good to know !
so the ultimate suggested shortenings are ?

CH 15 - cm.

CH 12 - cm.

CH 10 - cm.
maddy

Postby CTB » December 20th, 2012, 10:39 am

this a good idea but i think the best option is the strap and buckle option as it allows you to adjust on the fly
CTB

Postby maddy » December 21st, 2012, 2:16 pm

CTB wrote:this a good idea but i think the best option is the strap and buckle option as it allows you to adjust on the fly

you need to land the kite and trim any how , I just showed a home self quick way to test the mod length ..
I guess the same concept could be working in a specific cleat ..
for my personal need is ok (I never trim once it''s working fine)

what is the main difference in fligth working on the mid strap? except from avoid clapping

it looks like somebody likes a huge amount of shortening (like from 4 to 10 cm. on the CH 12)
maddy

Postby CTB » December 23rd, 2012, 3:17 pm

the buckle mod can also be used to tame the kite. so if you wanted to dial back the performance of the charger you could do it easily with the buckle mod just like adjusting the wing tip or flight adjusters. the buck mod doesnt just have to be used to stop hand clapping
CTB

Postby maddy » December 23rd, 2012, 5:47 pm

CTB wrote:the buckle mod can also be used to tame the kite. so if you wanted to dial back the performance of the charger you could do it easily with the buckle mod just like adjusting the wing tip or flight adjusters. the buck mod doesnt just have to be used to stop hand clapping

that's what I am asking , more feedback on different settings in the second strap
maddy

Postby CTB » December 23rd, 2012, 7:27 pm

i cant help you with that one mate as i am now completely chargerless.
CTB

Postby maddy » December 24th, 2012, 3:26 pm

;) you lucky man ... santa is coming
maddy

Return to On the Water