BAck to Kitesurfing

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

BAck to Kitesurfing

Postby stefanorosso » December 18th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Hello guys,

I stopped kitesurfing for a few years (only maybe 1 or 2 times a year) since I moved to Guadalajara in Mexico where there isn't much wind, and there are good waves for sup surfing. Also 3 small kids don't help!

However, I got someone interested in my Synergy 15 and am wondering what kite to get next. Should I stick to a twinskin and try to get a Charger 2013? How does it compare to a Synergy 15? More power? More depower? better turning (all new kites always do ALL of these, right?)

or should i finally go back to a LEI, BOW type kite?

what are everyones thoughts?

The original reason i used twinskins was the gust absorption and the fact they can't puncture and that you don't need a pump!

Thanks,

Stefano
stefanorosso

Re: BAck to Kitesurfing

Postby Flyboy » December 18th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Hey Stef,
Where do you plan to ride? I've been wanting to travel to the Michoacan coast for a bit now and was wondering if there was enough wind there to kite. I assume you would be wave ridding by your SUP comment.
Don't rule out the Flysurfer Speed 4's. I've never tried one but they seem to have as much gust absorbing as arc's. Also less bridals than before.
LEI's keep getting better, and specifically in waves. Three strut designs have lightened them up and they drift almost as well as a foil.
As you very well know, all have pluses and minuses.
I specifically wave ride now with both PL venom's and Synergies and Flysurfer Pulse 2's.
Peter Lynn's are best for unhooking when surfing because they just sit there and drift, but sometimes they hold too much power when I'm hooked in and am redirecting the kite while on the wave. They are the utmost in bomb proof but relaunch as you know sucks hard.
Flysurfers are sooo smooth and drifty in so many ways, but the bridal thing can be a pain in the... Relaunch is a 1000 times better.
Wave specific LEI's are sick, but pumping and patching sucks!
Flyboy

Postby stefanorosso » December 18th, 2012, 11:10 pm

Flyboy wrote:Hey Stef,
Where do you plan to ride? I've been wanting to travel to the Michoacan coast for a bit now and was wondering if there was enough wind there to kite. I assume you would be wave ridding by your SUP comment.

don't know michoacan...
where there is wind here in Jalisco/Nayarit there is no waves... so not really...but i want to have a kite for waves in case i ever get to ride in Peru again...

Don't rule out the Flysurfer Speed 4's. I've never tried one but they seem to have as much gust absorbing as arc's. Also less bridals than before.
LEI's keep getting better, and specifically in waves. Three strut designs have lightened them up and they drift almost as well as a foil.

that's what i want to try... unfortunately i can't try before i buy!

As you very well know, all have pluses and minuses.
I specifically wave ride now with both PL venom's and Synergies and Flysurfer Pulse 2's.
Peter Lynn's are best for unhooking when surfing because they just sit there and drift, but sometimes they hold too much power when I'm hooked in and am redirecting the kite while on the wave. They are the utmost in bomb proof but relaunch as you know sucks hard.
Flysurfers are sooo smooth and drifty in so many ways, but the bridal thing can be a pain in the... Relaunch is a 1000 times better.
Wave specific LEI's are sick, but pumping and patching sucks!
stefanorosso

Postby Albatross Mark » December 20th, 2012, 1:11 am

North Neos are wonderful for kitesurfing waves ...I have the 7,9 and 12m ...I was out on my 9m in gusty holey and doing so well in the waves that many long time kiters were giving me compliments,I have sold all my PL's but a 10m Venom 1,and still have a quiver of Psycho 4 Flysurfers but they just sit and draw dust....I am NOT a North kite dealer ...so i am not selling them ...Just passing on what i think is the best kite for riding waves especially in gusty winds,,,snow or land Peter Lynns are great...FS and PL's can do water...But you cant beat the new tubes for water relaunchability...
Albatross is a huge seabird that soars the waves and winds of the high seas mostly in the roarimg 40's. Albatross Mark tries to mimmic this bird using the following kites: 8m Vortex,10m Venom,8m P3 FS,10m North Rebel ,10,12,15, 19m Psycho 4 FlySurfer
Albatross Mark

Return to On the Water