Ch2 10 a Winner.....

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

Ch2 10 a Winner.....

Postby Timothy Grossnickle » January 17th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Just back from first ride on Ch2 10 in challenging twisty gusty winds 20-40k knarly wind driven waves with massive river like current running down the beach in the same direction as the wind. Have to say that the Ch2 by far the fastest turning water kite I've ever flown. At the same time the gusts that would have left my Ch 1 15 in a bow tied wet mess the Ch1 10 handled with aplomb. At first trying to figure out this most sensitive kite I got dumped and twisted several times in front of shoulder high fast moving waves. This sort of situation with me tumbling in a wave would have surely sent the Ch1 15 into the drink, but the Ch1 10 flew happily above still dry and crispy at the end of the session.

Have flown a V2 10 and a V1 13 in knarly situations similar to today with only one other kiter in view for several miles in each direction. With the V's I felt the comfort of a kite that you could huck around heavy handed knowing how it would react without looking at the kite. The Ch1 10 reacts so quickly to bar inputs that I found myself letting the bar slip farther down to my fingertips consciously trying to handle it more gently than with the V's or in fact any other PL kite.

From a power perspective I appreciate the comments of others here who suggested the Ch2 10 and Ch2 15 for a wide ranging quiver. In this regard, found the Ch2 10 certainly less grunty than the V1 13 while able to produce the same power as the V1 13 due to its turning speed and flight through the wind window.

In closing am anxious to get the new Ch2 15 from Traig. He tells me that the first shipment from China has arrived in Holland. The new Ch2 15 will replace the Ch1 15 which has proven to be a most unreliable kite and very unlike any of the other PL kites I've owned. However, based on the performance of the Ch2 10 I'm thinking the Ch2 could end up becoming breakthrough kite like the V's which represented a big step up in performance of the S's, F's and G's. In short a winner for PLK and the long suffering members of this forum who suffered through the trials and tribulations of the Ch1 while waiting eight or nine years for an acceptable successor to the V's...
Timothy Grossnickle

Re: Ch2 10 a Winner.....

Postby Timothy Grossnickle » January 18th, 2013, 1:23 am

Correction... Ch1 handled with aplomb, should read "Ch2 10 handled with aplomb"...
Timothy Grossnickle

Postby MonkeyAir » January 25th, 2013, 7:01 am

Thanks for the review Tim. Your 15 is here and will be on it's way to you. Let us know what you think of it.
MonkeyAir

Postby byronkiter » January 26th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Would like to hear your thoughts on Ch-15 too, especially compared to P2-15.
byronkiter

Return to On the Water