How do I get more float on a Charger 2 12m?

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

How do I get more float on a Charger 2 12m?

Postby mathomm » December 12th, 2014, 12:06 am

I had my first go on my new charger2 12m in gusty 17 - 27 knots, on a twin tip, I weight 78kg. The kite looks small and felt very similar to my old Gureilla 10m, it flow fast and boost pretty high but I always came down way too hard with little float. It sent me up high and straight back down again, which meant I can't land alot of the jumps and didn't want to try any tricks. It may have been the wind but my old G13 would let me down so much slower and float longer. It was the first time out so all the straps in the kite were loose, maybe if I tighten them it may make a difference? Or do I have to fly the kite differently, maybe down loop on the landing to make it softer, or kite loop on high jumps as It just doesn't hold me in the air if at 12o'clock. I had previously demo a epic screamer 12m which jump high as well but again I had problems landing smoothly as I would come down too fast. Any tips would be appreciated.
mathomm

Re: How do I get more float on a Charger 2 12m?

Postby CTB » December 24th, 2014, 10:19 pm

a 12m charger is more like flying a 9m lei.
one way to get more float is to get your redirect right. edge hard and sent the kite past 12oclock before you pull the bar in, that will get you a vertical jump, then time the redirect right so that the kite is on its way back across as you start to descend
CTB

Postby Airxpress » March 31st, 2015, 9:36 am

I agree with CTB. The Charger 2 12 is my favorite kite. Before the jump i sent the kite back towards 11 or 13 oclock and pull the bar. When I'm descending I just for the last moment and then I steer the kite hard down. Gusty conditions are always a bite of a challenge...
Rudolf - Peter Lynn Teamrider
Airxpress

Postby Ian Beasley » April 30th, 2015, 7:56 pm

When you send the kite back to 11 or 1 o'clock and pull the bar in it turns the board speed and tension from edging the board into lift, the kite needs to then be steered to face the aparent wind untill the down wind drift of you and the kite causes you to decend, then redirect for a smooth landing

As Rudolf said gusty wind can be a problem

Think the C2 12m is the biggest jumping Arc ever

https://youtu.be/e-0DMSllq6I?t=154
Ian Beasley

Postby Airxpress » May 20th, 2015, 11:16 pm

Rudolf - Peter Lynn Teamrider
Airxpress

Return to On the Water