Bob's Shoulder Re-construction (BSR) Revisited

Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding on Liquid H2O

Bob's Shoulder Re-construction (BSR) Revisited

Postby arcprof » September 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

For those of you that didn't go through the modding activity that was prevalent with the Venom 1 and 2, the BSR was a mod where the 1st and 2nd braids are shortened in the shoulder area. Along with a Trailing Edge Tuck or TET for the V1 it was developed by Bob Dawson who is no longer with us. I was a big fan of this mod and would install it on any venom I got my hands on. Recently, I picked up a V2 19 cheap that had come off second best after a close encounter with a large tree. After a major rebuild with the kite nearly ripped in two, I held off adding the BSR mod as I was wanting to make sure it flew o.k. as close to stock as I was able to get it. Well, it flew fine and after multiple sessions I see no need to add the BSR. I have another V1 19 with BSR and TET and it has stayed in its bag since I got the V2 19
flying. I'm getting on in years and think I find the un-modded kite has less bar pressure with better feedback through the bar yet turns the same with similar low wind performance compared to the modded version.

Cheers,
Jim
arcprof

Return to On the Water