Non PL bar with a Synergy 15

On buggies, snowboards, skis, etc.

Non PL bar with a Synergy 15

Postby Matt » January 10th, 2011, 2:26 am

Hi,
I saw on the Peter Lynn ARC set-up FAQ that for adjusting a non-Peter Lynn bar, all lines should be equal when fully powered, trim and sheet, does this apply with the Synergy 15 or should-I add or remove some rear lines length ?
Thank you

Matt
S-Arc 630
Vortex 10
Synergy 15
Matt

Re: Non PL bar with a Synergy 15

Postby Hardwater Kiter » January 10th, 2011, 10:51 pm

What bar are you using? Whatever it is I would try it with all leaders being equal and see what it does. Are you running pigtails on the Syn? It will likely work to a point but the bar throw, depending on the bar, could be an issue as far as the level of pow/depow you have available. Pigtail adjustments can offset some no PL bar issues but not all.

My concern would be the throw and the type of depow system. If it's cleated then you have a better change of getting it to work well.
"The rider makes the kite."
Owner/instructor @ http://www.hardwaterkiter.com
Hardwater Kiter

Re: Non PL bar with a Synergy 15

Postby daves » January 11th, 2011, 12:01 am

Matt,

Tie your line ends together to an object and run them out with the bar. If they are even when the bar is fully pulled in, you should add 6-10 inch pigtails to the rear lines, preferably with a couple adjustment knots at 2" intervals. The 8 should be good for most, but if you are taking the 15 out in big winds, use could use the 10" knot. 6 for light days. That way the bar is usually close to you for that days conditions.

The zero4 bars had even leaders and I had to tie knots on the front lines of my V's. The zero 7 bars had longer rear leaders for the syns (at least the one I had). I use an '07 best bar and the rear leaders are longer than the fronts so I do not need the pigtails with my syn. The best bars also have a long throw, and they work well with arcs.

The nav bar has a big adjustment range for the depower line and you can move the stopper, so I imagine they can be set up in different ways.

Dave
daves

Return to On the Land