Phantom Bar Questions

On buggies, snowboards, skis, etc.

Phantom Bar Questions

Postby Sand Flea » January 15th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Hello ARC Wizards
I just got my new 18m Phantom and I am curious what type of bar I should consider buying?
I understand the Navigator is available but may also require some minor adjustments for an older arc.
But I believe I read about a zero 7 bar which was evidently more around my arcs era may work better with no adjustments.
I do plan to use this in a buggy and ski with a 60 cm bar with 300 test lines and 27 m. line length.

Is any of this close to correct and where might I find a bar like this in the USA?

Thanks in advance and thank you for all the help you have been in the past.
You guys are GREAT!
Sand Flea
Sand Flea

Re: Phantom Bar Questions

Postby Bladerunner » January 15th, 2011, 11:02 pm

I am also wondering what will work best with my new 18m Phanny.

My toss up is between the large 07 bar and the Med. Navi' bars that I own. If i EVER get a chance ( rained out + no wind again today at Whistler ) to FLY my new kite I think I will go to the larger bar 1st.

When I questioned Hardwaterkiter about this I was told a Large Navi is working on all but his smaller arcs. If I was buying and could afford to I would go for a Large Navi' bar? I am pretty sure the Navi' comes stock with extensions?

Enjoy !
Arcs In my bag : Synergy - 15m, 10m , Phantom - 18m, F-arc 1200 , S-arc 460, T-arc 1.3

I Ride: Skis, Coyote Rollerblades, ATB , Buggy and Surf ( in that order )
Bladerunner

Postby BeamerBob » January 15th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I've been with Angus twice when his 18 has come out. The first time (when it got unwrapped the first time) we used my homemade 55cm bar. It's what I got with my 15m phantom and seemed to work fine on his 18. The next time we used his large 60cm 07 bar. No leader adjustments made or required. I'm sure the larger bar is better for the very long Phantom. I wonder if the Y line is good or bad for the phanny. I have no experience flying a phanny on a navi bar but can say flying the 18 (and 15) on the big 07 bar is sheer bliss.
Peter Lynn Venom II 8m, Phantom 9m, 15m, 18m, Synergy 10m, 15m
Ivanpah buggy
Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
US-88 Bob Muse
BeamerBob

Postby Kamikuza » January 16th, 2011, 3:34 am

You can alter the size of the Nav bar with the erm bar ends and pig tails for the rear leaders ... may not be enough for smaller kites though.
Yes, the Nav bar comes stock with extensions and a PL safety leash.
Kamikuza

Postby Hardwater Kiter » January 16th, 2011, 2:18 pm

I still have a stock Navi bar with a split line. I will fly my F-Arc 16 on it and see how that goes. It should be as good an indicator as any.

I'll let you know in a few days.
"The rider makes the kite."
Owner/instructor @ http://www.hardwaterkiter.com
Hardwater Kiter

Return to On the Land