get moving

On buggies, snowboards, skis, etc.

get moving

Postby arcuser » April 26th, 2011, 7:25 pm

on somewhat softer beach, sand still wet but on top almost dry, i get stuck in the sand like every somewhat meter and i hate that crap, aint no hard sand or grass around in the region and now seriously thinking the charger 12 isn't powerful enough to get me moving or pull me over the bumps and holes in the softer sand. anyway i am learning boarding, so it may depend om my skill too. anyway, once i move i can get around easily, if i don't get stuck in sand that is. I notice a lot of pow building when flying fast into zenith and sheeting in. can't a comparable amount of pow pull me sideways in order to get me moving from stop inside the sticky sand? i really wonder if i wouldn't need just a bigger charger. any views are appreciated.
Flying foils and arcs
arcuser

Re: get moving

Postby bigkahuna » April 27th, 2011, 2:31 pm

The only thing I've found that helps in softer sand are bigger / wider wheels and tires. I have 10" plastic wheelbarrow wheels on my land board and even then I come to a complete stop when the sand is just too soft. The other option is to find a different beach with better hard packed sand. You can also try using a bit less air pressure in your tires, that may help a small amount.
bigkahuna

Postby arcuser » April 29th, 2011, 7:55 pm

guess i'll have to wait till the sand is wet and hard just after being flooded either by seawater or by rain and then go out. too bad because summer season is so nice and quiet with soft and stable winds, but also soft and unstable sand at the beach... landboard with balloon tires huh :geek: and then being dragged downwind b/c of loosing the edge.
Flying foils and arcs
arcuser

Postby Kamikuza » April 30th, 2011, 10:38 am

The guy I used to consider a friend in Hamamatsu has a balloon board which I'll never get to ride now :( but he says they hold their lines just fine. I so want one but aren't paying US$1,400 for one :shock:
Kamikuza

Return to On the Land