Phantom 2 15m

On buggies, snowboards, skis, etc.

Phantom 2 15m

Postby Buckleheid » August 12th, 2014, 10:16 am

hi,just joined forum but have been looking at the topics for a wee while now but...

im on the verge of getting a P2 15m for buggying and maybe a bit of landboarding/dirtsurfer action and was wondering how other people are getting on with their phantoms,and if anyone has any tips/suggestions on bridle settings,internal strap settings etc?
i have used a Guerilla 2 9m a couple times,liked it very much but never really flew it a lot due to bar and lines i had not belonging to myself,also 3-4th try i panicked and released the kite fully it drifted downwind and caught on goal posts and ripped a section about 6" long,i got my trusty duct tape out and patched it,flew it once more and that was it really
but i just like how the kite flys and looks in the sky,there really is nothing like it !

i fly on the east coast of scotland,so as long as i get southerly and easterly winds i dont need to go inland,which is a bonus,my local spot is here

https://goo.gl/maps/XCd3w for the southerlies
https://goo.gl/maps/JQKX0 for the easterlies
anyway hello to all arcaholics out there
Scott
PL Phantom 2 15m,PL Guerilla MK2 9m (battered but still flyin)
Flexi buggy
2+3m MK1 Samurais,4.9 MK4 Blade

Always watchin the trees !
Buckleheid

Re: Phantom 2 15m

Postby Buckleheid » August 15th, 2014, 9:46 pm

oooh,wont be long now :)
its in the post
Image[/URL]
Flexi buggy

Buckleheid

Postby slonnik » August 19th, 2014, 3:12 pm

I bought my phantom 2 last year before winter.
I had it out couple of times so far and i like it. I cannot tell you much (how it performs in strong winds,how it jumps...) as I'm beginner and I'm only learning. You know, trying to move it the right way, trying to move on landboard.

But my point of view as beginner is that it flies great and I trust him.

The only concerns is air filling and landing. when it blows at 5m/s or blow I struggle to get air inside. It takes a while. For landing - once you are alone in the filed it is hard to get it on the ground. it just wants to fly. :?

You reminded me myself when I bought it and waited for it to come ;-)
slonnik

Postby Buckleheid » August 19th, 2014, 3:17 pm

hi slonnik
ty for the reply
i should be getting the kite tomorrow :)
cant wait to fly it tho,ill let you know how i get on after ive had a little fly
Flexi buggy

Buckleheid

Postby KiteForce » August 19th, 2014, 10:28 pm

You made a good choice! :p

The new phantom is a perfect buggy kite. It wants to fly fast and really goes on apparent wind.
As for the straps I like them loose. I don't know why, maybe it is because tightening them slows the kite down a little.

I find the 15 a good size, it has the surface to keep going and still some of the agility of the smaller ones.
It was the last one that I got and it really filled a hole in my set!

Inflating shouldn't be a problem and if it is, there won't be enough wind for it to fly anyway. An inflation device is handy but really only with the 18 or 24.
Phantom2's: 6m, 9m, 12m, 15m, 18m, 24m
FOR SALE: Vortex 12m - Synergy 8m - Charger 6m
XXtreme APexx Buggy
KiteForce

Postby Buckleheid » August 20th, 2014, 6:44 am

it arrives today :D
meant to get a SW tomorrow at my spot,so fingers crossed ill be out for a maiden flight
got to say a big thank you to carltb for helping me get the kite,cheers m8

ill be posting here from time to time,but ill let you know how the first flight goes
cheers
Scott
Flexi buggy

Buckleheid

Postby Buckleheid » August 22nd, 2014, 2:09 pm

kite turned up today (Friday)
wind however hasnt decided to play ball,so will have to wait
it gives a chance to have a good look at the bar,lines kite etc
i have to say the quality of it all is second to none,smells great as well :lol:

bar looks like a quality bit of kit,nice and light,loving the spinning chicken loop connection,i have to take the top line connectors and add extensions then put connectors back on its ready to go,the kite it self just oozes quality,kevlar reinforced spar pockets,hmmmm nice

cant wait to fly it now
Flexi buggy

Buckleheid

Postby Buckleheid » August 24th, 2014, 7:23 pm

first fly today,wasnt mega windy,low-mid teens,just enough to get moving at a decent pace and just enjoy the kite.
had a mare of a initial launch tho,made classic error of leaving deflate zipper open :oops:
bowtied,inverted you, name it,launch no2 was better except i had the bar wrong way round hehe,but it gave me a chance to try the primary safety release,reset lines and relaunched and i still had a line twist on the left hand side,back line was over front :!: ,dont know how i managed that,but i just went with it ,kite flew amazingly tho,loving it.

such a good kite,fast fast fast through the window and just inspires confidence,i know its a lifty kite,but you wouldnt know it in the buggy,unless i redirected :D

really happy to finally get going,happy days

Flexi buggy

Buckleheid

Return to On the Land