venom landing problem

On buggies, snowboards, skis, etc.

venom landing problem

Postby SlowFox » October 26th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Hi, I am flying a v2 10m and a v16 both off the same zero7 bar with a stopper ball set at about 18m up on the
Left steering line. The problem occurs when I release the top hat and the bar shoots up through the lines and tangles on the stopper ball. The kite is still fairly powered and goes into a death spin. Should I just remove the stopper ball or is there a better solution.?
SlowFox

Re: venom landing problem

Postby CTB » October 26th, 2014, 10:01 pm

either move it up or remove it. minimum distance should be the length of the kite plus 1or2 metres
CTB

Postby SlowFox » October 27th, 2014, 10:50 am

It's in the right place, I set it up for the length of the 16m +2m. Yesterday the same thing happened with the 10m in 30mph wind (quite scary).What's the best kite position in the sky to pull the release. Kite in front at 10 or directly overhead or to the side?
SlowFox

Postby aatamian » October 31st, 2014, 6:46 am

I have a 07 bar, which has o-shit handles (sliding ring on the steering pre-lines). Which means I can connect both rings on the same side, let's say front left and back left together and hold them together (or connect a rope with shackles) before releasing the bar with the kite from the zenith or bringing the kite gently to the ground then let it go. Doing this is quite easy as it is not an emergency release here, the kite will go down flat, gently, no spinning and no pull at all!
Simple.
Think it is possible to add rings+velcro tabs on any bar with splicing.
Hope it helps.
Avo
aatamian

Postby CTB » November 5th, 2014, 6:03 pm

CTB

Return to On the Land